We have set up this site to assist parents, teachers, and childcare providers with child vehicular heatstroke awareness and prevention.
Take ACTION to prevent child hot car deaths!
WHY RAY RAY'S PLEDGE?
MORNING DAYCARE DROP-OFF IS
A HIGH-RISK TIME OF DAY FOR CHILD VEHICULAR HEATSTROKE TRAGEDIES!
- 40 percent of KIDS who DIED in a HOT CAR last summer were supposed to go to DAYCARE that morning
They were FORGOTTEN in the BACKSEAT instead
Their whereabouts went unquestioned
ONE PHONE CALL may have saved them
TIMING IS CRUCIAL!
- A child's body heats up 3-5 times faster than an adult body
- The temperature inside a vehicle can increase by 40 degrees in less than an hour---EVEN when it's not hot outside!!!
- YOU PLEDGE-- to call your child's teacher if he or she will be late or absent
- TEACHER PLEDGES-- to call YOU immediately if your child does not arrive at his or her usual arrival time
ONE PHONE CALL CAN SAVE A CHILD'S LIFE!
Links to Helpful Websites: